Saturday, May 16, 2015

Time to farm!

Hi! I hope you are doing well. I wanted to share a neat new book with you. It's called Farm Girl Vintage and it is by Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet.


I love this book! The blocks are really cute and easy to make. It has instructions for 6 inch and 12 inch blocks. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. Pit also has a lot of pictures and many other projects to make. Best of all, it has a spiral binding so it lays flat! Lori is currently hosting a sew along over on her blog if you would like to play along.
 
Here is her link: Beeinmybonnet

I have been following along, but of course at my own pace. One of the first projects she shared on her blog was a pincushion. I thought the construction of it was very clever and I just had to make one! Here is my finished pin cushion.
 
The top
 

The bottom
 

I bought a charm pack called Garden Project by Tim and Beck to make this. I did buy additional yardage of a few of the fabrics because I was originally going to make pot holders, which I may still do. You can see Lori Holt's pincushion tutorial here at this link:
 

I will share my farm girl vintage blocks when I get a few done. Until next time, keep sewing and have a happy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment