Saturday, May 16, 2015

Another pincushion!

Hi again! As I was moving my pins over to my new pincushion, I realized I did not share this one. It's really cute too! Take a look...


The pattern I used was a free one I found on Craftsy . It is a paper piecing pattern by Patchwork Posse for a mug rug. 



I saw a great pincushion possibility so I reduced the pattern by 50% and made a pincushion. I thought it still need a little extra something so I added a flower and a lady bug to adorn each toadstool. I also added some mini pompoms for added fun.




They would have come out much better if I practiced a few times, but... I couldn't wait to add them. I have a great book written by Sue Spargo called Creative Texturing. She has great instructions and you can also find tutorials on YouTube and Craftsy.


 
 
Thank you for reading my posts, I hope you have a happy day! Keep sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment