Thursday, February 5, 2015

February!



We're already digging into 2015! I have been working on completing projects over the past few months. This one I am sharing with you today is a Quilt I made for one of my nephews. The pattern is by Elizabeth Hartman called The Pointy Quilt. I made the baby size, there is also an option for a larger size. Check out her website http://www.ohfransson.com

I am learning how to machine quilt and I thought this was a good one to start with. I used a simple meandering stitch. 

 
And here is the finished project!


I must say I had some difficulty sewing the feathers to the white arrow shaft. The diagonals kept throwing me off. After I don't know how many re-sews and perseverance, I finally figured it out. I know it's just me, the pattern is very well written and has very good illustrations. I love that you can download her patterns and get started right away.

 Enjoy your day! I'll post a few more things I've finished in the coming weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been sewing for years and I even had some trouble with this quilt. I've actually made all the arrows but am concerned with making a large quilt as the fabric is a bit misshapen. I don't think it will work out to join all the arrows together without it looking a bit wonky. Yours looks nice.

    ReplyDelete