Monday, September 22, 2014

Western pincushions! Yee haw!

Every year I go to a sewing camp held by the Quilters Market at the famous Tanque Verde Ranch here in Tucson, Az. I enjoy presenting our camp counselors with a new pincushion every year. This year I decided to use wool in my project. I wanted it to be a memento of camp this year and used some icons typical to the southwest and ranch living. I also added some decorative stitching and made a crazy quilt layout on the pincushions.

 

Since I was making two, I changed the second one up just a little bit by adding a flower instead of the horseshoe.


I filled them with crushed walnut shells that I bought from the local pet store. I love the added weight it gives them and the texture from the walnut shells help keep needles clean. I am currently working on another wool pincushion, I will post that as soon as I am done with it. But if you haven't figured me out yet, I like to work on multiple projects at once so in time it will be done. Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment